2011年4月7日木曜日

RRJ#1

Reference:
Kitamura, M. and Hagiwara, Y. (2011, March 24). Toyota to Resume Japan Hybrid Output; Honda Extends Closures. Bloomberg Businessweek, http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-03-23/nissan-ceo-says-supply-shortage-serious-as-toyota-delays-model.html

Summary:
In this article, the author said automobile industry in Japan had great damage due to the earthquake and tsunami on March 11.Toyota Motor Corp., Nissan Motor Co. and Honda Co. are forced to stop their production, because they can’t purchase enough parts such as electric, rubber, and plastic to assemble the car. This shortage of these components affects not only automaker in Japan, but also in U.S.

Reaction:
I also work in the automobile industry, so I’m interested in this article very much. My company whose name is Koito Manufacturing CO.,LTD. has some parts suppliers in the Northeast part of Japan. They are affected by earthquake and tsunami on March 11 directly. Even today, they can’t make their production. It means that my company is also forced to stop almost assembly lines as our customer, Toyota and other automakers, stops their plants. I know that one of my colleagues who is a factory worker in the plastic part production department has stayed at home for two weeks. He is waiting for a calling that notifies to restart his job. I think it’s so serious problem for me. I’m really worried about my job and salary. I hope Japan will recover soon, and automobile industry will regain the powerful productivity.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿