2011年4月22日金曜日

RRJ#4

Reference:
Santosa, Novan Iman. (2011, April 05). Rolls-Royce looks for strong performance in Indonesia. The Jakarta Post. Retrieved on April 08, 2011, from,

Summary:
In this article, the author said that Rolls-Royce, which is a luxury carmaker in the U.K, is expanding its sales in Indonesia. Rolls-Royce sold 2,711 cars in 2010, and it aims to grow 30 to 50 percent in 2011, compared with in 2010. Also, its main market is the Asia-Pacific region, and it is going to provide a new electric car there.

Reaction:
Jakarta, the capital of Indonesia, is amazingly developing. I have been to Jakarta three times, twice on business trips, and once on vacation. I can see a lot of motorcycles (most people use motorcycles as a tool for transportation) and cars that are running through the high buildings, and many traffic jams occur very often. I mean the traffic in Jakarta has been already saturated. Although Jakarta is in such a situation, many automakers are looking for their markets and increasing their production in Indonesia because the automobile market is also still developing. Most vehicles we often see are very old models, so if people earn much money, they will purchase a new car instead of a motorcycle. Expanding the market of luxury cars is a sign of developing the economy. My company also built a new factory there this year, and we started to do business not to miss this big chance. Finally, I am very interested in this country, and I like it. I will keep my eyes on Indonesia.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿